Sunday 24 April 2011

The video I want to play at the end of my solo performance


This is a video I made using simple tech skills on Windows Movie Maker. It has a slideshow of my brother from when he was young up to present day, and also a thankyou message from him at the end saying 'thank you for listening to my brother'. The slideshow is accompanied with Ian Drury's Spasticus Autisticus song as well.

The idea for this video came about when Gem suggested to put one in, but I decided to use Ian Drury's song too because it seems appropriate with what has gone on before the video, which will be played at the very end of the performance. This video is a celebration of my brother and his disability and is somewhat lighter in tone than what has happened previously, the fighting and the realisation of rape/sexual assault. I did not want the performance to end with the violence and the rape because, although it is shocking, it would end in a very dark place, and this is not what I intended at any point in the rehearsal and devising process.

No comments:

Post a Comment