Sunday 24 April 2011

Frantic Assembly - Beautiful Burnout

I saw this show in Edinburgh this summer and loved it. Its a physical theatre performance about the life of boxing, and has an emotional ending for me because a womans son is hit so hard in a match that he becomes brain damaged and disabled. It made me cry and is one of the most powerful pieces of theatre I've seen in a long time. I also loved the way the company portrayed boxing and fighting through dance, which is something I want to replicate in the fight scene for my performance.


I loved the music this performance used, and it was all by a band called Underworld. I'm going to copy Frantic Assembly's Beautiful Burnout and use songs from Underworld, including Beautiful Burnout and Moaner becuase they are mostly instrumental.

No comments:

Post a Comment