Sunday 24 April 2011

10 thing I hate about you interpretation

This is the original poem which can be seen in video form on an earlier post, and below is my own version that follows the same rhyme scheme and pattern, but is tailored to suit my performance subject about disability.
10 things I hate about you poem
I hate the way you talk to me,
and the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car,
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots
and the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick,
it even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you’re always right,
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh,
even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you’re not around,
and the fact that you didn’t call.
But mostly I hate the way I don’t hate you,
not even close…
not even a little bit…
not even at all.
My version of this poem
I hate the way you talk sometimes,
Your speech is always slurred.
I hate the way you crawl around,
I hate that you can’t learn.

I hate your stupid special boots,
Why can’t you just be fine?
I hate it when you look at me,
Like all the fault is mine.

I hate that all the lights are on
But there’s no-one in upstairs
I hate that you’ll spend all your life
Stuck in that wheelchair

I hate when people stare at you,
I hate you can’t be fixed.
By pills or treatment or voodoo shit
My god I get so pissed

I hate though you’re the oldest,
That I look after you.
Sometimes I just can’t bear it but
I know this much is true,

I hate it when I’m not around
For you my brother Paul
But mostly I hate the way I don’t hate you,
not even close…
not even a little bit…
not even at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment